Re: GPL, yet again. (The kernel is a lot like a shared library)

On Thu, Sep 08, 2005 at 03:32:26PM -0300, Humberto Massa Guimar?es wrote:
> I did _not_ just ranted the same. I did offer you an example of how you
> are simply plain wrong -- as is the GPL FSF FAQ -- when you say that linking
> to a library creates a derivative work.

Argument from authority and a straw man, yawn.

> A derivative work is NOT what you want
> it to be... it's a very well-defined (by code law and case law) legal entity.
> And it happens to differ (a lot) of what you think it is.

If you're going to make an argument at odds with established
understanding and industry practice then you'll have to come up with
more than that.

There's an awful lot of lawyers and law professors who think that the
GPL works. Go start by arguing with them.

 : :' :  http://www.debian.org/ |