Re: GPL for documentation ?

Humberto Massa wrote:

> I - personally - loathe the "or later" stuff. When you license some work
> under a some version "or later", you are trusting eg in your case both
> the FSF/GNU and the CC not to botch the next versions.

But I want to give my project the ability to grab those if we like them.
For example, suppose we restrict ourselves to the current CC-BY license.
Then, in a year or two, CC produces a new CC-BY that fixes all the
problems that you guys have listed here. I wouldn't be able to move unless
I wanted to re-do everything. That's a situation I really want to avoid.

On the other hand, what if they do botch them? Well, the present ones are
still valid, and we can keep using them. Having an "or later" does not
force me to move. I am granting an additional set of rights, which I'm not
fully aware of. But I am certainly not removing any rights.

Question: I thought that the "or later" was also standard for GPL
software. Isn't it?

Cheers,
--
Daniel Carrera          | I don't want it perfect,
Join OOoAuthors today!  | I want it Tuesday.