Re: anonymity and copyright in the U.S. (was: Need to Identify Contributions and the Dissident Test)

On Mon, 31 Jan 2005, Branden Robinson wrote:
> As should be well-known, Stephen King is a money machine.  I find it
> hard to believe he'd have published under a pen name if to do so
> would have meant exposing himself to claims of fraudulent copyright.

Definetly.

Just to clarify, in case it was still unclear, my primary concern
isn't with the rights of the copyright holder being preserved (they
are preserved regardless) but with the ability of people to make
derived works from such a work, and whether or not anonymous copyright
holders with (questionable?) licensing agreements curtails the
distribution of derivative works.

Don Armstrong

--
This message brought to you by weapons of mass destruction related
program activities, and the letter G.