Re: RFP: gtybalt -- computer algebra system (CAS) based on GiNaC with optional TeXmacs GUI

Scripsit Don Armstrong <don@debian.org>

> Unfortunatly, the license itself still not ideal. It's arguably DFSG
> Free, but not something I would recommend using for a work that
> purports to be Free Software:

>   Permission to distribute binaries produced by compiling modified
>   sources is granted, provided you
>    1. distribute the corresponding source modifications from the
>       released version in the form of a patch file along with the binaries,
>    2. add special version identification to distinguish your version
>       in addition to the base release version number,
>    3. provide your name and address as the primary contact for the
>       support of your modified version, and
>    4. retain our contact information in regard to use of the base
>       software.

(3) seems to fail the Dissident test.

--
Henning Makholm          "Also, the letters are printed. That makes the task
                        of identifying the handwriting much more difficult."