Re: Re: CCPL-by

On 2004-03-31 00:11:19 +0100 Joe Buck <Joe.Buck@synopsys.com> wrote:

Careful. Is Debian attempting to push a concept of "free" that conflicts with the European concept of the author's moral right?

I think you should look at/ask after the work FSF Europe (.org) did on the Fiduciary Licence Agreement. Moral right and copy right are not entirely intertwined, as I understand it.

If, in a foolish attempt at consistency, Debian wants to insist on the right to put words in peoples' mouths, there's a problem.

This is additionally subject to defamation and misrepresentation laws. Using copyright licence conditions to enforce other rights instead of using the normal processes feels a bit non-free...

http://mjr.towers.org.uk/ gopher://g.towers.org.uk/ slef@jabber.at