Re: The GPL license document "COPYING" is not DFSG-free

On Thu, Mar 25, 2004 at 12:30:58PM -0800, Number Six wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 25, 2004 at 09:47:45AM -0500, Adam Kessel wrote:
> > On Thu, Mar 25, 2004 at 05:58:31AM -0800, Number Six wrote:
> > > Searching google for "MR Ray" and "DFSG" only turns up hits for GDFL.
> > > I'm sure there has been a debate on the GPL itself, but I can't find it.
> > > Can you provide me more useful keywords than "GPL", "COPYING", "DFSG"?
> > > Those aren't cutting it.
> >
> > Here, try this:
> >
> > http://lists.debian.org/debian-legal/2004/debian-legal-200402/msg00286.html
>
> Yet another case of The Barber Shaves All Those in Town Who Do Not Shave
> Themselves: the question of whether a set is a member of itself always
> leads to antimonies.  Humans always draw a line in the sand and say:
> Beyond This Point, We Shall Not Go.  Here, there Be Dragons.
>
> Another example of this sort of thing is in SQL: In SQL, you have a
> tri-valued logic system, where:  NULL ThetaOp Anything Equals NULL.
>
> And you have the group by statement, who groups together things with a
> Comparision Truth Value of Equal.
>
> Except it also groups together NULLs :-)

This reply is meaningless to me.

Here's another example of how your observation is old news:

http://lists.debian.org/debian-legal/2002/debian-legal-200203/msg00009.html

Please be sure you have something new to add before perpetuating this
thread.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |    When we call others dogmatic, what
Debian GNU/Linux                   |    we really object to is their