Re: Referencing the DFSG [Re: DRAFT summary of the OPL; feedback requested]

On Thu, Mar 11, 2004 at 10:17:25AM -0500, Jeremy Hankins wrote:

> My fear is that, as Don seems to be showing, people will oversimplify
> and miss the limitations.  Getting people to think in terms of
> "modification" instead of "DFSG 3" seems useful.

Hmm, I think I missed the start of this thread, so maybe I'm missine
something, but from what I see, the key question seems to be: is this
intended a teaching tool or a reference?  If the former, then "getting
people to think" is an issue.  If the latter, then perhaps we can
assume that people can already think.

If it's trying to be both, then I suspect it will be, of necessity,
less than perfect in either role.

--
Chris Waters           |  Pneumonoultra-        osis is too long
xtifr@debian.org       |  microscopicsilico-    to fit into a single