Re: Referencing the DFSG [Re: DRAFT summary of the OPL; feedback requested]

[snip]

If my opinion matters, I have to come down more on Don's side of this
disagreement.

I think Jeremy's concerns about not reinforcing the meme of "DFSG as
strict ruleset" are quite valid, but I think it serves people well if we
cite the DFSG wherever applicable in our license analyses.

One reason is because it will help us to become better aware of
limitations of the DFSG as currently written, and where we might be able
to improve it.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |     I don't care if it has a GUI, or
Debian GNU/Linux                   |     command line, or is carved in mud