Re: Summary: Is Open Publication License v1.0 compatible?, was Re: GPL+ for docs

Hi.

I normally don't read this list (so don't shout at me if I'm dumb ;)
but as an affected maintainer I have read the interpretation
of this licence and have a question.

On Tue, Mar 02, 2004 at 03:08:29PM -0500, Jeremy Hankins wrote:
> --- Debian-legal summary ---
>
> The OPL (Open Publication License) is not DFSG free:
>
> - It requires the original publisher and author to appear on all outer
>   surfaces of a book, and defines how they should appear.  This is a
>   significant restriction on modification.

ok, I understand that.

> - The person who makes any modifications must be identified, which
>   violates the dissident test.

Hmm, a question about this: Wouldn't make this the GPL DFSG-nonfree? It states
"You must cause the modified files to carry prominent notices stating
that you changed the files and the date of any change."
Or does this not imply that I have to give my name, too? Have I only to
state the fact _that_ I changed the files?

TIA,
--
Frank Lichtenheld <djpig@debian.org>
www: http://www.djpig.de/