Re: Debian Legal summary of the X-Oz License

On Sun, Mar 07, 2004 at 07:57:38PM -0500, selussos wrote:
> All of you have stated, endlessly, that you are not lawyers, and that is
> obviously the case since many of your questions deal with 'fair use'
> under the U.S. Copyright law.  I would ask that you familiarize with that
> definition and you will find that answers most, if not all, of your
> questions.

US copyright law does not apply internationally.  The Berne Convention
states some basics, but even signatories to the Convention have, apparently,
taken some liberties with some parts of it, so we can't even go with what
the convention states as it's terms.

So no, as it turns out, US copyright law's "fair use" provision doesn't
answer our questions.

- Matt