Re: free licensing of TEI Guidelines

Scripsit Anthony DeRobertis <asd@suespammers.org>

> Is there any good reason that I'd ever want to infringe on TEI's
> namespace, as opposed to using my own? I was under the impression that
> the whole point of namespaces was to make it clear what standard
> something comes from, and to prevent collisions.

Remember that freedom is also the freedom to do things that others
cannot see any good reason to do.

And if some bad guy writes a program that attaches special meaning to
elements in the "wrong" namespace, it should certainly be allowed for
good guys to derive a document that describes the behavior of the bad
guy's program.

--
Henning Makholm                   "We will discuss your youth another time."