Re: XFree86 license difficulties

On Tue, 03 Feb 2004, Måns Rullgård wrote:
> As much as I'd like to, I don't have any references.  However,
> neither does the FSF.  They are simply making claims with no backing
> whatsoever.

You seem to forget that the GPL and the FSF's interpretation have been
researched rather carefully by its drafter, Eben Moglen. This
interpretation did not spring up tabula rasa. It is possible that a
court ruling might not back up their interpretation, but it is very
improper to claim that the FSF has no backing to their interpretation
at all.

Don Armstrong

--
Debian's not really about the users or the software at all. It's a
large flame-generating engine that the cabal uses to heat their coffee

http://www.donarmstrong.com
http://rzlab.ucr.edu