Re: historical question about fceu in contrib

* Evan Prodromou <evan@debian.org> [040708 17:34]:
> It seems that that's not the case. We actually don't allow packages into
> main if there's not publicly-available, DFSG-free data for them to work
> with. Like, we wouldn't let a new word-processor into main without at
> least one Free document in the word processor's format, and we wouldn't
> let a new programming-language interpreter into main without at least
> one Free script that uses the language.

If it is a word processor that cannot create new documents, or a
interpreter you are not able to create a script for, there might be
any similarity.

> [...] I find it weird.

Just try to think a bit more in concepts than in formalities. When
something is needed to use something a reasonable way, then it is
a dependency.

It's also not a concept limited to emulators, as e.g. ispell depends
on a ispell-dictionary.

Hochachtungsvoll,
  Bernhard R. Link

--
Sendmail is like emacs: A nice operating system, but missing
an editor and a MTA.