Re: historical question about fceu in contrib

On Tue, Jun 29, 2004 at 06:20:13PM -0400, Joe Nahmias wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 20, 2004 at 10:27:05PM -0400, Evan Prodromou wrote:
> >
> > It seems kind of strange to me and some other debian-legal people that a
> > package was kept out of main because the data files it uses are
> > non-free. Even for emulators and interpreters, this is kind of unusual.
>
> Really?!  So you mean I didn't have to go to all that trouble...  It
> made reasonable sense to me at the time (see below) and both my sponsor
> and AM seemed to agree with me.  Ah well, at least I discovered an
> interesting game in the process.

Evan was fishing for support for his position in a recent thread entitled
"Visualboy Advance question."[1].  "Some other debian-legal people" appears to
refer to Humberto Massa, in one message.[2]

Evan did at one point moderate his thinking a bit[3].

[1] Message-ID: <1087677566.28264.4.camel@localhost>
[2] Message-ID: <40E151A1.5070005@almg.gov.br>
[3] Message-ID: <1087759817.11830.789.camel@unicorn.bad-people-of-the-future.san-francisco.ca.us>

G. Branden Robinson                |     You are not angry with people when
Debian GNU/Linux                   |     you laugh at them.  Humor teaches
branden@debian.org                 |     them tolerance.
http://people.debian.org/~branden/ |     -- W. Somerset Maugham