Re: A radical approach to rewriting the DFSG

On Sun, May 30, 2004 at 04:59:08PM +0100, Henning Makholm wrote:
> Scripsit Francesco Poli <frx@firenze.linux.it>
> > Just a question: does this mean that you also grandfather GPL#8?
>
> Um, no. That is a good reason not to have a grandfather clause,
> actually. Removed.

You might want to add a general statement about optional clauses which
require release-time steps from the "author", which would cause problems
if invoked, but which haven't been invoked.

Right now, the handling for such things seems to be common sense, but
with a general trend away from solving specific problems and towards
philosophical purity, I can imagine a time in the future where "common
sense" no longer suffices.

--
Raul