A radical approach to rewriting the DFSG

I have been toying with the possibility of rewriting the DFSG such
that it enumerates which things a free license *can* do, rather than
just give examples of things it *cannot*. I think that such a revision
could get the guidelines to be much closer to the *actual* practise of
how we evaluate licenses than if we simply make local adjustments to
the current DFSG. The downside is that the whole truth cannot be
condensed into the "ten commandments" schema of the current DFSG.

My results so far are at
   <http://henning.makholm.net/debian/dfsg-bis.html>

Comments will be appreciated - both about the general angle of attack,
and about my specific draft. I have probably forgotten about a detail
here and there.

--
Henning Makholm                                   "Det nytter ikke at flygte
                                                       der er henna overalt"