Re: Binaries under GPL(2)

On Thu, 27 Nov 2003, Henning Makholm wrote:
> Remember that we're talking about the non-standard situation where
> the object code *itself* is "the Program" to which the copyright
> holder applied the GPL.

Sure, and I'm arguing that because you're distributing only object or
executable code, not source, Section 3 applies. It's the only
permision grant that specifically covers what you are distributing, so
it trumps the other clauses.

I'm fairly confident that this is similar to Eben Moglen's
interpretation of the license, but perhaps you should ask him to
clarify it for you?

Don Armstrong

--
I don't care how poor and inefficient a little country is; they like
to run their own business.  I know men that would make my wife a

http://www.donarmstrong.com
http://www.anylevel.com
http://rzlab.ucr.edu