Re: "Invariant name" in hello's debian/rules file

On Nov 4, 2003, at 16:08, Robert Millan wrote:

  provided that you do not remove
  # my name from the file itself.  (I assert my moral right of
  # paternity under the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988.)
  # This file may have to be extensively modified

  # Ian Jackson

and then it can't be removed.

I think its fairly clear from "my moral right of paternity under the Copyright, Designs, and Patents Act of 1988" that he is referring to the right to be credited for your work. As long as the copyright notice is there --- which mentions his name --- it's fine.