Re: the presence of GNU FDL-licensed works in sarge

On Sun, Nov 02, 2003 at 02:55:58PM -0500, Glenn Maynard wrote:
> Playing Tetrinet rarely results pesky licensing issues being found that
> ultimately require the attention of people who would rather be hacking,
> or keeps a pet snippet of non-free software out of Debian.

No, but it might help keep such issues from being speedily resolved.
("Fuck those pedantic bastards on -legal; I don't care if my package
doesn't allow people to distribute their modifications.  It works fine
for me, and I've got Tetrinet to play.")

With the world the way it is, we as a Project have no *choice* but to
sweat pesky licensing issues.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |    If you wish to strive for peace of
Debian GNU/Linux                   |    soul, then believe; if you wish to