Re: Kaffe's GPL and GPL incompatible Java software [Was: Undistributable java in main]

Etienne Gagnon wrote:
Dalibor Topic wrote:

It would have been nice if you had made the arguments of each side clear, before attacking my position. The discussion has not taken place on debian-legal, but on debian-java. I appreciate the way Gadek presented both sides of the previuos argument.

You have a good point, there. I am pretty busy right now. Give me a few days and I will try to write a summary of the various arguments presented by various
people (on debian-java and IRC).

Nah, leave IRC out, as it leaves no archive trail, and debian-java was not involved in that. Then we'd have to discuss irc logs, and not everyone was particiaping in that, and so on.

I will also try to clarify my arguments, in regards to your comments. ;-)

Yes please ;)

If anybody else is willing to write the summary sooner than me, you are welcome to do so, but please let me know about it (so that I do not start working on it).

Definitely not me, as I'm busy enough with kaffe without discussing interpretations of the GPL, but I'll take a look at the summary, and comment on it.

So the case shall rest till then ;)

cheers,
dalibor topic