Re: stepping in between Debian and FSF

On Wed, Sep 03, 2003 at 03:08:26PM +0200, Florian Weimer wrote:
> Andrew Suffield <asuffield@debian.org> writes:
>
> > Non-free is up in the air for purely administrative issues,
>
> Soon, you might need it to distribute documentation for central
> software components. In fact, some DDs I asked think that this
> strengthening of non-free is a very favorable side effect of the GFDL
> debate.

Has somebody knowledge of the major commercial distributions positions on the GFDL
issue? What is the RedHat position on this? Are they debating on it or are
they only interested in Free Beer?
My understanding is that the GFDL adoption is nor so high and if
distributions refuse it, the adoption rate is going to stay low.

Christophe

In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats.
--English proverb