Re: A possible GFDL compromise

On 2003-08-27 15:33:32 +0100 Sergey Spiridonov <sena@hurd.homeunix.org> wrote:
The same thing is with FDL. If Debian users and maintainers do not need the freedom to remove political statements in most cases (for example Manifesto from Emacs), they can agree with invariant sections in documenation.

I believe in most cases we can agree with such a limitation.

It seems that you haven't been reading what has been written to this list. You could equally well argue that Debian users do not need the freedom to adapt the software to do tasks that they want to do. It would not be any more correct to say that we will agree with that.

We *can* agree with it, but we *can* stab our eyes with palette knives too. It doesn't mean that we will. Please, stop treating this list as a write-only dumping ground for rhetoric and go do something more obviously useful instead. Even if that "useful" was developing your ideas about FDL some more and writing them up, that's better than just restating the same things in dozens of emails.