Re: Defining 'preferred form for making modifications'

Anthony DeRobertis <asd@suespammers.org> writes:

> I don't think an interpretation of the GPL that says "I wrote this
> code in C. Forever is C must it stay!" is correct.

Right.  All I'm saying is you must distribute the C code; I don't care
whether you continue to make changes in that language.

> How so? Because someone making a change to my program could make it in
> a programming language I can't read? Yeah, I lose a lot of control
> over what people do with my software when I decide to make it
> Free. Tough.

It is perfectly reasonable to make the change it whatever language you
wish.  All I'm saying is you must continue to distribute the original
source too.