Re: Defining 'preferred form for making modifications'

On Fri, Jun 20, 2003 at 02:03:30PM -0500, Steve Langasek wrote:
 SL> I really don't think that the form that contains the *most*
 SL> information is necessarily the best, because this prevents someone
 SL> from improving the source by removing *extraneous* information.  If
 SL> two forms of source code compile to give identical binaries, which
 SL> form contains more information -- the one with pointless comments
 SL> and more KLOCs, or the one that's more concise and easier to read?

Another case to the point that the source is _both_ versions together,
in chronological order.

Also, if you want to use 'the most informative' as a guideline to
determining the 'preferred form for making modifications', revision
history is definitely more informative than either of these versions
alone.

--
Dmitry Borodaenko