Re: Defining 'preferred form for making modifications'

On Thu, Jun 19, 2003 at 09:41:55AM +0100, Andrew Suffield wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 18, 2003 at 02:19:12PM -0700, Thomas Bushnell, BSG wrote:
> <snip>
>
> I'd say this is a pretty strong argument for why we shouldn't talk
> about preferred forms at all in our definition of "freedom".

I agree.  It's just too complex an issue for the simple concepts that
my proposed "Five Freedoms" document is designed for.

Since writing it didn't get me flamed to hell, I'll see if I can cook up
a revised version at some point soon.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |     One man's "magic" is another man's
Debian GNU/Linux                   |     engineering.  "Supernatural" is a