Re: A single unified license

Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org> writes:

> Please remember that this is not a cross examination; you are free
> to ask questions, but how and whether I respond to them is my decision.

Of course, but please also remember that if you completely ignore a
question, people will need to try and guess at your reason for doing
so.  And, often as not, the guess is something like "he's embarrassed
at the question and has no good answer."  If you don't want people to
make such an incorrect guess, then you'll need to fill in the correct
information yourself.

> I don't remember seeing that question--or whether I noticed it.  When
> a message has a generally hostile tone, I generally skim it rather
> than reading everything in it.

This is a very poor strategy, and I would recommend you to stop it.
Many people have the same strategy, but it never works out well.
Indeed, you should be aware that many many people who use this
strategy do so by ignoring everything you post: and I'm sure you don't
want that!  If we are to have everyone working together, it requires
at the very least the courtesy of listening carefully even to messages
that are very hard to hear.

Thomas