Re: Automatically creating non-free manual pages

Hallo,

On Fri, Jun 13, 2003 at 02:16:49PM -0400, Don Armstrong wrote:
> Assuming the use fell under fair use, it would be legal. It's
> definetly not legal for debian to distribute the man pages, but I
> don't think it would be a big deal for users to use such a program.

What do you think about debian packages like daemontools-installer which
could use such a program to create the man pages and put them into the
resulting debian packages? As I understand this this is quite ok because
the user starts "build-daemontools" to build the debian package with the
non-free man pages and this package is not distributed by Debian. Is this
correct?

--
Bye, K <http://www.ailis.de/~k/>
[A735 47EC D87B 1F15 C1E9  53D3 AA03 6173 A723 E391]