Re: Automatically creating non-free manual pages

On Mon, 09 Jun 2003, Klaus Reimer wrote:
> D. J. Bernstein maintains a website with documentation texts but
> because all these texts are not licensed under a DFSG-free license it
> is not possible to convert these pages into man pages and put them in
> the *-installer/*-src-Packages.

To remove confusion, could you please specify which license these
manuals or texts are under and link directly to them on DJB's website?

In just a brief survey of his site, I was unable to quickly locate the
man pages and/or the license(s) they are released under.

[SNIP]
> I'm not a lawyer so I don't know if this text is good enough. Also I'm
> not a native english-speaker so maybe this is not really good english.
> So I would be glad about improvements of the above text.

It seems ok to me, but I really can't even guess at it without
actually looking at the license that the manuals are released under.

Don Armstrong

--
I'd sign up in a hot second for any cellular company whose motto was:
"We're less horrible than a root canal with a cold chisel."

http://www.donarmstrong.com
http://www.anylevel.com
http://rzlab.ucr.edu