Re: Proposed: Debian's Five Freedoms for Free Works

On Fri, Jun 13, 2003 at 04:01:54AM +0200, Joachim Breitner wrote:
> Not sure: Technically, for example, you can modify a program in any
> possible way just by having access to the assembler code that the
> compiler generates out of the closed sources, but this would be far too
> difficult to be realistic. That is why specifically the "preferred form"
> has to be available. But a clearer definition would be great, of course.

See my reply to Mr. Suffield.  I'm not sure that an exhaustive
definition of Free Works that attempts to hit every corner case is the
best approach to defining Free Works.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |    Optimists believe we live in the
Debian GNU/Linux                   |    best of all possible worlds.