Re: LPPL and non-discrimination

Scripsit Steve Langasek <vorlon@netexpress.net>
> On Thu, May 08, 2003 at 11:35:07AM +0200, Henning Makholm wrote:

> > Uh... does "Covered Code" include modifications that third parties
> > make? If so, then we have a problem.

> No moreso than we already have with the GPL; just like with the GPL, if
> you can't comply because you aren't in a position to grant the required
> permissions on the Covered Code, you have no right to distribute your
> modifications.

I was speaking about the apparent "If you make any modifications you
have to pay Netscape by allowing them to take your modifications
proprietary" effect, which IMO would make the license non-free.

If, as Richard says, the NPL-covered source that goes into Debian is
actually dual-licensed with GPL, then of course there is no problem.

--
Henning Makholm                             "... and that Greek, Thucydides"