Re: LPPL and non-discrimination

On Thu, May 08, 2003 at 11:35:07AM +0200, Henning Makholm wrote:
> Uh... does "Covered Code" include modifications that third parties
> make? If so, then we have a problem.

     1.3. "Covered Code" means the Original Code or Modifications or the
     combination of the Original Code and Modifications, in each case
     including portions thereof.

(Note that this came up during the initial discussions about the NPL;
I don't know if those discussions were held on debian-legal, though.)

It might not be a very big problem.  The NPL is per-file, not
per-program.  I checked some files in mozilla looking for NPL-licensed
ones, and all the ones I found were triple-licensed NPL/GPL/LGPL.
I didn't do the scripting work needed for a thorough scan, though.

Richard Braakman