Re: compatibility between Open Publication License and GNU GPL

On May 1, 2003 at 11:00AM -0700,
Mark Rafn <dagon@dagon.net> wrote:

> In any case, a work which derives from both an open publication licensed
> work and a GPLed work cannot be distributed by anyone.

Agreed.

Also, the following section may require that the modified
versions of an Open Publication Licensed work be provided under
the same terms of the license.

| Open Publication License
| v1.0, 8 June 1999
|
| I. REQUIREMENTS ON BOTH UNMODIFIED AND MODIFIED VERSIONS
|
| The Open Publication works may be reproduced and distributed in
| whole or in part, in any medium physical or electronic, provided
| that the terms of this license are adhered to, and that this
| license or an incorporation of it by reference (with any options
| elected by the author(s) and/or publisher) is displayed in the
| reproduction.

Anyway, I wish Debian WWW Pages to be compatible with GNU GPL.

--
Tatsuya Kinoshita