Re: query from Georg Greve of GNU about Debian's opinion of the FDL

Scripsit Branden Robinson <branden@debian.org>
> On Mon, Apr 28, 2003 at 12:31:42PM +0200, Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:
> >  Nathanael Nerode <neroden@twcny.rr.com> wrote=20

> > > Under *some* countries using the *minority* Droit d'Auteur
> > > system, perhaps. =20
> > > Under the system used in the majority of the world,=20

> > I strongly object: Great Britain and its former colonies are not the
> > majority of the world, whatever your criteria (number of inhabitants,
> > GNP, etc) are.

> I strongly object to your objection.  The U.S., U.K., and other
> countries using the "common law" legal system are important enough
> within the domain of discussion (Free Software distributed by the Debian
> Project) to be granted consideration.

It is true that the common-law part of the world is important. That
does not make it a "majority", which was what Nathanael claimed it
was.

--
Henning Makholm                             "... and that Greek, Thucydides"