Re: Proposed statement wrt GNU FDL

On 24 Apr 2003, Henning Makholm wrote:

> > Given the GNU Projects influence on Debian, shouldn't the GNU Manifesto
> > be included in the Debian GNU/Linux Distribution anyway?
>
> I propose expanding this question to:
>
>    Why does Debian want to remove (say) the GNU Manifesto from the
>    manuals? Do you want to suppress Stallman's views and just benefit
>    from the software he created?

[Answer snipped]

<fx: resounding applause>

For what it's worth, I think this should go in pretty much unaltered (except
for a typo fix: "Changes to the software they get *from* us", line 8, para
2).  It treads the line between "rah, rah, we love Stallman" and "Stallman
sucks" quite well.

#include <disclaimer.h>
Matthew Palmer, Geek In Residence
http://ieee.uow.edu.au/~mjp16