Re: Proposed statement wrt GNU FDL

> On Thu, Apr 24, 2003 at 12:22:27PM -0400, Brian T. Sniffen wrote:
>> However, the legal text of the GPL is reusable (allowing modification
>> and distribution), as long as you don't include the name GPL, the
>> Preamble, or the instructions for use.
>
> What makes you think this is the case?

http://www.fsf.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#ModifyGPL

    Can I modify the GPL and make a modified license?

    You can use the GPL terms (possibly modified) in another license
    provided that you call your license by another name and do not
    include the GPL preamble, and provided you modify the
    instructions-for-use at the end enough to make it clearly
    different in wording and not mention GNU (though the actual
    procedure you describe may be similar).

<and more on why not to>

-Brian

--