monit: GPL and OpenSSL..

Hi,

One of the packages I maintain is monit[0], they now have a long awaited
feature using SSL. I have read that GPL and OpenSSL is not compatible and have
been mailing with the developers of monit. They asked if was okay for "Debian"
to add add this to the license:
"""
This program is  released under the GPL with the additional exemption that
compiling, linking, and/or using OpenSSL is allowed.
"""

Would this be sufficient for Debian?

[0] http://www.tildeslash.com/monit/

Please Cc: me on replys I'm not subscribed to debian-legal.

--
 .''`. Fredrik Steen, stone@debian.org
: :' : 2CD6 C838 BE77 795F 5EF1  3E5B DA91 EE7B A58E 164