Re: motion to take action on the unhappy GNU FDL issue

On Wed, 16 Apr 2003, Branden Robinson wrote:

> This is the stuff of which nasty flamewars and misspelled Slashdot
> headlines are made, hence my unwillingness to do it, but it is clear to
> me that letting this issue languish in ambiguity isn't good for us or
> our users.

I agree both with your reluctance and your assessment of the harm caused
by inaction.

> I am seeking seconds for this proposal.

I think this proposal is the right thing to do, especially the hard work
of creating the documents before filing bugs.  Unfortunately, I am
unwilling to take on the task myself, though I'm happy to provide feedback
and sections of text where I can.  Between this and the fact that IANADD,
I don't think I have standing to provide a second.