Re: GPLv3 2(d) (was Re: PHPNuke license)

On Fri, Mar 07, 2003 at 09:12:43AM -0500, Brian T. Sniffen wrote:

> > That would be silly, since you could always fall back to v2.  The only
> > reason to fear v2 or later is that v3 could be too permissive, not too
> > restrictive.
>
> No; if I release software under v2 or later, and a v3 with this clause
> is released, I have a problem: somebody can take my work, make
> modifications to it, and distribute it in such a way that I cannot use
> it.

I think you may be ignoring the bit about the license being automatically
granted by the original author, not someone down the chain who happens to
have modified it.

But I don't have time to check the details now.

Cheers,

Nick

--
Nick Phillips -- nwp@lemon-computing.com
Today is National Existential Ennui Awareness Day.