Re: PHPNuke license

On Thu, 6 Mar 2003, Steve Langasek wrote:
> I am not interacting with syslogd when it writes to a log file.

You are claiming that multiple requests to a program, while each is
clearly non-interactive, should be called interactive if, over the group
of them, there is some common thread (debug output from various runs of a
test, for instance).  You're interacting with syslogd.

> I am not interacting with cron when it sends me email.

Sure you are, if it sends you mail based on some input (a file in your
homedir, or a mail you sent to it).  Or at least if it sends you multiple
mails and reads your input in between.

Certainly, under your definition, any GPL mailing list software would be
required to include a 2c notification in e-mails.  It's hard to see why an
inetd would be exempted (I can make two requests and get two results, both
based on my request input).