Re: PHPNuke license

Scripsit Glenn Maynard <g_deb@zewt.org>

> (Determination of whether "df" is interactive is tangental to this,
> though I'm not uninterested in reaffirming the notion that it is not.

Interaction is not the only guard in 2(c). The interaction that the
program receives from the user must consist of "commands". The only
sensible interpretation is that those commands must be commands that
the program itself obeys (or tries to obey). I cannot see how "df" can
fit that bill.

> Determining the interactiveness of "cat" in a pipeline would be
> relevant only if we agreed to the above.)

Similarly, "cat" is able to interact with the user (if we stretch that
concept (in)appropriately), it does not interpret its input from the
user as commands, so 2(c) does not apply to it.

--
Henning Makholm                     "The practical reason for continuing our
                                  system is the same as the practical reason