Re: A possible GFDL compromise: a proposal

    We want to have freedom over what we distribute in "binary" packages.
    We are willing to tolerate noxious restrictions like the TeX ones only
    because they do not impact what we can distribute in the binary
    package: they only restrict the hoops that the source package must go
    through to do create the binary package.

That is a very clear place to draw the line, but I think it rejects a
range of licenses, for software programs as well as for documentation,
that we could accept.

I think it is not the best decision, but that isn't my problem.