Re: A possible GFDL compromise: a proposal

Anthony DeRobertis <asd@suespammers.org> a tapoté :

> On Tuesday, Sep 9, 2003, at 12:29 US/Eastern, Mathieu Roy wrote:
> >
> > So a country were you are free to kill a girl without any legal risk
> > is a country DFSG compliant?
>
> Please cite the specific paragraph of the DFSG that has _anything_ to
> do with killing people.

None. Because DFSG is about free _software_. Not about any freedom you
can imagine.

> > Basically, the freedoms I think important for a software are expressed
> > at gnu.org of at debian.org.
> > The freedoms I think important for documentation are expressed at
> > http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/free-doc.html
>
> If you feel the DFSG is not appropriate for documentation, propose
> changing the Social Contract on -project.

By reading -legal, I do not think it would have any success.
So it's not an option right now. But to be able to discuss about this
whole issue, I think important to keep in mind that

        - not everything on earth is software
        - people may completely agree on freedom that matters for
        software
        - people may disagree on freedom that matters for political
        / historical text and it does not means they are "corrupted".

--
Mathieu Roy

  Homepage:
    http://yeupou.coleumes.org