Re: confetti (was: Unidentified subject!)

Thomas Bushnell, BSG said:
> For example, I might use a manual by tearing it into pieces and using
> the individual pages as confetti for a parade.  But I cannot copy
> GFDL'd manuals and then do this.

Why? because you're inhibiting the later recipient's ability to read them?

Hmm..  within the terms of the GFDL, what's preventing you...

1. Depending on how big the bag of confetti is, you might fall under the
"copying in quantity", but since confetti normally doesn't have printed
covers, you're OK there.

2. The confetti is not a "Transparent form", so you must provide a
network-accessible location of a transparent form.

3. Make sure you update the History section with "Shredded by <YOUR-NAME>".

4. The Invariant sections must not be shredded.  Repeat copies of invariant
sections may be shredded, but there must be at least one "unmodified"
invariant section in every bag of confetti.

5. You may not include any shredded "Endorsements" sections.

6. Make sure you don't have more than 50% of the confetti from any single
GFDL'd work, so that you can use the exceptions under "7. AGGREGATION WITH
INDEPENDENT WORKS".  (Just in case confetti "normally has printed covers"
under section 3)

--Joe