Re: A possible approach in "solving" the FDL problem

Bernhard R. Link wrote:
* Sergey Spiridonov <sena@hurd.homeunix.org> [030813 13:36]:

It's interesting that people who want Debian to move FDL to non-free at the same time want Debian to distribute non-free stuff.

Is it accidental?

I think that is at most half true. The other direction is definitly true:

What is half-true? Non-free is not distributed by Debian?

People wanting FDL in main want to distribute non-free stuff.

Hm... Can you prove it? Software in non-free is clearly non-free. While FDL seems to be disputable on this list.

(And this even wrongly labeled and as part of Debian, in contrary to those who want to support non-free stuff in general and
 FDL-manuals in special to help our users until there are proper
 replacements.)

So distributing non-free is a good thing? Do you really think, that you help users when you distribute non-free?

--
Best regards, Sergey Spiridonov