Re: A way of looking at Software, Documentation, and Data

On Tue, Aug 12, 2003 at 07:44:01PM -0400, Anthony DeRobertis wrote:
> On Tue, 2003-08-12 at 13:42, Joe Moore wrote:
>
> > I think C is empty, but I can't really formulate the exact reason at the
> > moment.
>
> What do you consider an ASCII text file or a scanned image of the
> psychology book? Would you put these in C, or do they go in A?

Does it actually matter?

I would divide this into two categories - "relevant" and
"irrelevant". "Relevant" is the group that can go into Debian, while
"irrelevant" is everything else. The DFSG applies to everything in
"relevant" (see Joe's original mail), and I don't really care what
happens to "irrelevant".

Aside from the difference between these two groups, I don't think we
need to concern ourselves with what other categories a given item can
be placed in.

 : :' :  http://www.debian.org/ |