Re: Barriers to an ASP loophole closure

On Tue, Mar 11, 2003 at 10:26:44AM -0500, Jeremy Hankins wrote:
> The idea is that, before I make the software available in any way, I
> should be able to decide who should get access and who should not.
> And that list need not include the author.

Uh, why, exactly? How is that different than saying "The idea is that,
before I make the software available in any way, I should be able to
decide who should get access to the source and who should not. And that
list need not include people who get copies of the binaries."

Now, sure, you might actually have to do that. If you do, you'll want
to use BSD-licensed free software, rather than GPLed. Big deal. People do
that all the time.

Cheers,
aj

  ``Dear Anthony Towns: [...] Congratulations --
        you are now certified as a Red Hat Certified Engineer!''