Re: ldp-es_20002103-7_i386.changes REJECTED

Javier Fernández-Sanguino Peña <jfs@computer.org>:

> If we are going to be nitpicky about this, take into account that *for each
> translation* in Debian (including manpages, GNOME/KDE help documentation or
> whatever) we *need* a document stating that a given translation is
> authorised *even* if the document is DFSG-free (GPLed or whatever) since
> the copyright *cannot* remove the "right of translation" from any given
> author.

DFSG 3 says the licence "must allow modifications and derived works".
Presumably this includes translations. Therefore, if we need to ask
for permission to translate a document, then the document wasn't
DFSG-free in the first place and should be thrown out of main.

Edmund