Re: forwarded message from Jeff Licquia

On Thu, 2002-07-18 at 04:59, Martin Schröder wrote:
> The same applies to PostScript: One fixes security holes in the
> interpreter (e.g. GhostScript) and doesn't worry about the
> PostScript files.

Actually, afair, postscript is 'feature complete' on some platforms and
has the ability to muck with filesystems.  Having a postscript file nuke
your homedirectory would suck, wouldn't it?  I think ghostscript uses a
'safe' mode by default, however.

In any case, lets say one of the scripts decided to use /tmp in a stupid
way...  I don't know whats possible in TeX, however.

In any case, I agree with others in this group.  Non-free is non-free.

--
Scott Dier <dieman@ringworld.org> http://www.ringworld.org/