Re: Hypothetical LaTeX security holes

On Wed, 2002-07-17 at 15:01, Boris Veytsman wrote:
> Absolutely nothing in the currently used LPPL prevents you from
> creating your version of LaTeX, call it latex-improved, and invoke it
> by a command
>
> latex-improved file.foo

Absolutely nothing in any version of the LPPL I've seen allows it,
either, at least not that I've seen.  Thus, the LPPL doesn't have to
prevent you; copyright law does the preventing.

Remember: in a license, you have to spell out exactly what you allow,
and be precise about it.  The assumption is that you're not allowed to
do anything (short of fair use exceptions which vary between
jurisdictions).