Re: forwarded message from Jeff Licquia

On Tue, Jul 16, 2002 at 11:51:35PM -0400, Boris Veytsman wrote:
> I am afraid the ignorance is truly mutual.
>
> I was amused by the suggestion that a LaTeX macro might cause a
> security problem and thus need a fix by Debian team.

I'm not the person who made such an assertion; in any event, it is
wholly irrelevant to the licensing analysis.

> This is about as possible as a security problem from the Bible text in
> bible-kjv-text.

If the reader used to view the text allocated static buffers, and failed
to take into the account the single longest verse in the Bible...

But, as I said, this is irrelevant.

> By the way I hope Debian developers do NOT reserve the right to change
> King James Version?

We don't have to.  At least in the United States, anyone is free to
quote, copy, and modify the text of the King James Bible however they
wish.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |    I have a truly elegant proof of the
Debian GNU/Linux                   |    above, but it is too long to fit